ASC Social Club Inc
Members’ Code of Conduct
The ASC Social Club Inc (“the Association”) is a non profit club with the following objectives:
- To promote and offer the members a wide range of social benefits and services such as, but not limited to, various family events, happy hours, annual Christmas family picnic, annual dinner dance and concert and sporting event tickets at reduced prices.
- To promote the Association as a social and friendly organisation providing value for money to all those eligible for membership, encouraging them to join the Association.
- To co-operate with any other club, having objectives similar to those of the Association, and formed for the purpose of fostering and promoting activities similar to the Association.
- To raise, collect, hold and expend monies for the furtherance of any of the Associations objectives.
All members of the Association shall be bound by this Code of Conduct.
Members have a right to:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Association, its Committee and other members.
- Socialise in an environment free from all forms of harassment and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation and any other communication containing a member’s personal information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be informed and actively involved in all club events and offerings.
- Voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions to the Committee.
- Treat other members, guests, staff of venues and other patrons (where a social club function is being held) fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Association, ASC Pty Ltd, its events, organisers, participants or sponsors.
- Not physically or verbally harass others.
- Report any inappropriate behaviour of a member to the Committee of the Association for action and follow up.
- Abide by and uphold the Constitution and Code of Conduct.
- Pay any fees in relation to an event, or offering (e.g. tickets or memberships) which that member has committed to, regardless of whether the member attends the event or not.
- Notify the Association’s Membership Officer of any changes to address or details of dependants.
- Not use their membership privileges to purchase tickets to any event or other offering, at a membership price, for non members of the Association (except for parties entitled to such prices as nominated from time to time).
- If on selling a ticket to an event which the member has booked on to and paid membership rates, if the ticket is sold to a non member, the non member price must be paid for by the recipient of the ticket and then the difference on forwarded to the Association.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct:
- Any member not behaving in accordance with the terms of the Code of Conduct at an event of the Association may be asked to leave the function and will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- The inappropriate behaviour of any members will be investigated, discussed and an appropriate course of action will be taken by the Committee, which may include a reprimand, suspension or revocation of membership.
- In appropriate circumstances, the Committee may refer a breach of the Code of Conduct to ASC’s Human Resources department for handling in accordance with the grievance and disciplinary procedures set out in the Human Resources Manual (CMS-1006).